Terms, conditions and useful information
Last updated February 2021
1. Deposit Policy
● 50% of the booking’s total cost to be paid as a deposit to confirm the booking.
2. Hotel Cancellation Policies
2.1 Room Reservations
● Guests must cancel reservations at least 14 days before arrival to avoid losing their deposit
● With in 14 days we reserve the right to charge the stay’s full cost if we cannot resell the room.
● Cancelling within 48 hours of arrival will incur a charge of the total cost of the stay.
● We require all cancellation requests to be over the made in writing, this can be by email.
Exceptions for Cancellation Policy during the Coronavirus Pandemic
● Should your reservation have to be cancelled due to local or national restrictions preventing you from travelling during the Coronavirus pandemic by either party please be assured that your deposit is safe with us and will be used to re-arrange your stay.
● If you would prefer, we will offer a full refund.
2.2 Amendments to Existing Reservations
● Should you wish to amend or alter your reservation, including transferring your reservation in full to new dates, you will be able to do so without incurring any additional charges up to 14 days before arrival to the hotel.
● Within 14 days of your arrival, you will be subject to cancellation fees as detailed in our Cancellation Policy.
2.3 Reservations made through third parties
● Please be aware that any reservations made through third-party travel agents are subject to the terms and conditions outlined in their confirmation to you.
● Any changes to your reservation at the hotel under these agreements must be made via the third party travel agent and not direct with the hotel.
3. Arrival and Departure
● The room(s) will be available from 3:00 pm on the day of arrival, and our checkout time is 11:00 am on the day of departure.
● Early check-in or late checkout requests are subject to availability
4. Methods of payment
● We accept the following payment methods at the hotel: Cash, Visa Debit, Visa, MasterCard Credit or Debit.
● Deposits may be obtained by Bank Transfer with the prior agreement of the hotel.
● All charges must be settled upon departure by the guest.
● Stays from March 2020 and until 31st March 2021 will be subject to VAT at 5% after this time VAT will be charged at the standard rate as per the UK Government.
5. Group Reservations
● Any reservation that exceeds 8 reserved rooms will be classified as a ‘Group’ and will be passed to an Event Planner to assist you with your stay experience.
● Group reservations will be subject to additional terms and conditions which will be provided by the event planner. A contract will be issued for the Group and any associated activities.
● We offer a valet parking service at the hotel for all of our guests and request that you arrive at the front of the hotel located on Lower Castle Road. Directions
● Our porters will assist you with your luggage and then park your car in our car park on Upper Castle Road.
● All vehicles at the owners’ risk and the hotel accepts no liability for any damage, loss or theft when parked in the car park. Our porters carry out full visual checks upon the vehicle’s arrival at the hotel and any damage at that time will be reported directly to the guest for the avoidance of doubt.
7. Dining at the hotel
● We recommend that you make reservations for all dining requirements for your stay with us to avoid any disappointment. We will always have a table for our resident guests; however, we may not provide you with a table at your preferred time if not reserved in advance of your arrival.
● Children under the age of 6 years are not encouraged in the restaurant after 6:30 pm. Should you wish to dine with younger children after 6:30 pm, you may do so on our upper terrace in good weather, or our Dogs’ Bar should the weather not be so good. Room service is also available, and our children’s menu is available all day for your convenience.
● We have a small number of dog-friendly rooms at the hotel, and there is a supplemental charge of £25.00 per day, which will be added to your room rate at the hotel. We will provide a dog bed, bowls and treats in the room for your arrival at the hotel.
● Dogs are permitted to be on the external terraces and in the Dogs’ Bar of the hotel, we are sorry to say that dogs are not allowed in the main restaurant or the sitting room located in the main hotel building unless they are assistance dogs.
● Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times when in public areas of the hotel.
● Any damage or loss of either the hotel property and/or guest property may result in charges being applied to your account.
● There is a maximum of two dogs per room.
● We are privileged to own a beautifully restored International 8 Metre sailing yacht called ‘Pinuccia’ and can offer chartered sails with a skipper and crewmate from late May to late September. Full details of pricing and availability will be provided upon request and bookings should be made via reservations.
● If you cancel your reservation within 24 hours of your sail, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 75% of your booking unless we can resell the sail.
● If we have to cancel your sail due to adverse weather conditions, you will not be charged, and we will make every effort to reschedule your sail for another time during your stay with us.
10. Childminding Services
● We can recommend several registered childminders who can provide childminding services for you whilst you stay at the hotel.
● Whilst we will assist with communication between the two parties, your agreement for childminding services is solely between you and the childminder. The hotel accepts no responsibility within and/or liability for this arrangement.
11. Massage Therapies
● We can arrange a massage or facial therapies as well as manicure and pedicure services at the hotel.
● These services are provided at the hotel by self-employed therapists selected for their high standards.
● Any treatments booked with the therapists during your stay at the hotel will be subject to a 24 hour cancellation period. If you cancel within 24 hours or your treatment time, you will be charged in full for your treatment.
● This hotel has a smoking policy.
● Guests are not permitted to smoke or ‘vape’ in any of the buildings’ internal areas or the property’s dining terraces. If found to be smoking in these areas, a £150 fine will be liable.
● There is a designated external smoking area which our team will be happy to show you on request.
13. Damage to property
● Any damage caused by an individual using the hotel facilities will be charged to that individual in full.
● As the hotel is open all year round, you may find that there is necessary maintenance taking place during your visit. We will make every effort to ensure that noise and disruption are kept to a minimum and would like to thank you in advance for your understanding.
15. Gift Vouchers
● Gift vouchers can be purchased online or by calling the hotel directly.
● Upon purchase, the gift voucher can be sent by 1st class post within 24 hours of payment or collected from the hotel. There is a £2.50 handling fee.
● Vouchers are valid for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase.
● Gift vouchers cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash, and no change will be given in cash. Vouchers will be valid until the balance is depleted.
● To redeem a gift voucher; you must present it to Hotel Tresanton within the Redemption Period.
Stays until 30 September 2021 will be subject to VAT at a rate of 5% and stays from 01 October 2021 to 31 March 2022 will be subject to VAT at a rate of 12.5% after this time VAT will be charged at the standard rate as per the UK Government.